Ingredients for 4 servings
- 4 duck fillets (Wellgoods)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup passion fruit juice
- 2 tablespoons grated dark chocolate
- 2 small cubes cold butter
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 24 steamed or boiled snow peas
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method of Preparation
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, salt and pepper the duck fillets and sauté both sides until they turn golden brown
- Place the fillets in a baking dish and cook in the oven for 15 minutes at 180°C
- Remove the oil remaining in the pan and to the same pan add the stock, juice, cinnamon and simmer until a thick sauce forms
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate and butter stirring continuously.
- Add salt and pepper
- As soon as the duck fillets cook remove them from the oven and slice them diagonally. Serve them on a plate with mashed potatoes and pour over the passion fruit sauce. Accompany the dish with snow peas and cherry tomatoes.
Tip: For family get-togethers use a whole duck (Wellgoods).